Thursday, September 30, 2010

sweet sixteen and skype

This week has been wonderful. My mom's birthday was on September 28th (Happy Birthday!) and that always hails my birthday soon after on the 30th of September. I had my first Skype experience last night. For some crazy reason I can't explain, I was nervous. I didn't know how I would react to seeing the people I love so dearly and know in my heart I won't be with them until next July. First came my best friend, Meagan. As soon as I saw her wild mane of hair, I knew I'd be fine. We talked and caught up with eachothers' lives. It was like nothing had changed and since her laptop was on her bed, it was like I was sitting there with her! Then came the parents. After a quick malfunction, everything worked out and we had a good conversation about life and plans. Most importantly, I saw my kitten. For those of you without pets, you won't understand. But to all those pet owners out there, animals are a wonderful thing. Their silent companionship and love is something to cherish. There are nights when I need to wrap up a blanket and put it next to me so I feel like my kitten is here as I fall asleep. That's what I miss the most from back home. So now every curious mind is at ease. Well, after a wonderful Skype experience, I had my birthday to look forward to! Today is my Sweet Sixteen! I've hit some landmark that I can't enjoy the reapings of in America OR Germany: I can't drive or drink. Despite those two things that are supposed to change, I feel completely the same, but it's good to finally be able to say I'm sixteen. Everyone at school wished me a happy birthday and it was wonderful to have friends here who were happy for me. I'm making my favorite meal for dinner tonight: Thai Peanut Noodles. I'm quite overjoyed. Everything in my life is good and my only birthday wish is that I can keep going down this wonderful road full of adventure and experience with happiness and health. What more could a girl ask for?-- sjinternational

No comments:

Post a Comment