Sunday, February 28, 2010

change of pace

I'm not even close to being ready to leave and already I feel as though my life is changing. I am switching around my schedule to accomodate my German education and to get a jump start on the language. I have come to the conclusion that what I am doing is absolutely insane but completely necessary. I am the chick who gets all A's and takes the hard classes. I'm not usually described as "unpredictable", yet here I am getting ready to live in Germany for a year. I took a little detour from the norm with that decision... I needed a change. I'm not built to live in Fremont, Michigan and go to a high school with a mere TWO foreign language options. I won't let my schooling get in the way of my education. I am done with American high school. I am going on to something so much bigger. Needless to say, my life is a wee bit busy these days. I am trying to balance everything at once. School, theatre, friends, family, trips, etc. I'm not letting anything pass me by while I'm still here. I have come to appreciate the friends that I have, some who say that they're going to tie me to a tree come July and others who are completely on board with me being me. However, when it come to helping me learn German, I think I'm on my own. They simply raise their eyebrows and give me a "Good Luck" as they flip through the German dictionary, sounding out the words. Good luck, indeed. Until next time. Auf Wiedersehen-- sjinternational

No comments:

Post a Comment